Tuesday, November 11, 2014

First the floor, next: the world!

I feel a bit like I'm Kate Winslet on the bow of the Titanic with the wind in my hair!   Except... not just before a disaster and a frozen iceberg death.  Just the happy exhilaration part.  Yeah, that.   Maybe I need to rethink my simile here..

Here's the takeaway:   Squeeeeeeeee!!!!!   The floor is done!  Time to move in!

Bob, FIL Jim and friend Dave install the last few rows of flooring in the dining room



The Boy and his Grandpa, working on the edge of the floor in the living room today.



I vacuumed up years' worth of accumulated sawdust from window sills, walls and ceilings today.  And I'm not even close to being done.  Whose idea were those exposed log joists anyway?  Too many dusty surfaces!
  
That strip of bare floor is where the half-wall will be built, separating the living room and dining room.  Squint your eyes and turn your head *like this* and imagine the wall for now.  


The Hubs at the end of the work day today, pondering the great mysteries of our age.  
And noticing how dirty the windows are.... in our dining room with a new floor!!   Wooo!!  

Sorry.



Just for some perspective, here's a picture from June 2012 side-by-side with one from Saturday:



Time to get packing in earnest!

No comments: